St. Keverne is situated 12 miles from Helston on the Lizard Peninsula and stretches from the Goonhilly Downs, to the Helford River and along to Kennack Sands. The parish consists of the villages of St Keverne, Coverack, Porthallow and Porthoustock and several hamlets including Traboe, Rosenithon, Tregowris and Ponsongath.
Enjoying one of the mildest climates in the British Isles, the landscape of the parish is varied and ranges from the vast windswept expanse of the Goonhilly Downs (which supports many rare heathers and flowers and is also home to the Earth Satellite Station), to sheltered valleys leading down to many beaches and coves.
About 2,000 people live in the parish: Employment, owing to the demise of quarrying is mainly farming, fishing and tourism. It is a very active parish and has in excess of 30 organisations who work hard to provide a variety of interesting pastimes.
During the year many events are held including the internationally known Ox Roast which is held the first Wednesday in August and at this and other events the famous St Keverne Band can be heard.
Historically the Parish is known for the 1497 Cornish Rebellion and a statue depicting An Gof the blacksmith and Thomas Flamank of Bodmin is erected at the entrance to St Keverne village.
The Parish is served by 13 Councillors, 9 for the St. Keverne Ward and 4 for the Coverack Ward. Members are listed by ward as detailed on the Members page. Council minutes are listed in date order in the Minutes page.